Turkey, Mushroom and Bacon Puff Pastry Pockets
- 1 pkg. (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 4 slices bacon
- One 8-ounce package sliced mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chopped or shredded cooked turkey
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 large egg, whisked with 1 tablespoon water
Adapted from recipegirl.com
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
In a medium skillet, cook the bacon until crispy.
Remove to paper towels to drain, then crumble.
Remove all of the bacon fat from the skillet except for 1 tablespoon.
Add the mushrooms and onions to the skillet and saute over medium heat until softened.
Stir in cream, Dijon and salt/pepper.
Cook until reduced slightly and thickened.
Set aside to cool a bit.
Assemble the pastries.
Cut each sheet of Puff Pastry into 4 equal squares.
Divide the mushroom mixture between 4 squares.
Top with turkey, bacon and Swiss cheese.
Roll out each of the remaining Puff Pastry squares so they're a little bit larger (or just use your fingers to press and stretch them).
Place the second piece over the top of each with filling.
Use a fork to seal the edges to form "pockets."
Brush each square with egg wash and use a knife to poke a few slits in the top for steam to escape while baking.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Banana Bread 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Kielbasa Cabbage Soup 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Pecan-and-Herb-Crusted Pork Chops 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Li'l Smokies with... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Thai Turkey Burgers 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Scallops with Shiitake and Oyster... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)