Jim's Mexican Potatoes
- 5 lb. small new potatoes
- oil for deep frying
- Montreal Steak Spice
- bacon fat
- 1 green and 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1/2 lb. chorizo or Italian sausage (casings removed)
- 1 package Knorr Hollandaise Sauce
- half and half & butter for the Hollandaise sauce
- 2 T chopped cilantro
Place potatoes in pot of hot water. Bring to a simmer - do not boil the potatoes. When done, drain the potatoes and peel them. Deep fry the potatoes in hot oil until lightly browned. Drain and sprinkle with Montreal Steak Spice.
Heat bacon fat in large saucepan. Fry peppers, onion and garlic until crisp-tender. Remove with slotted spoon and keep warm. Fry the chorizo/Italian sausage until cooked. To the meat add the potatoes and vegetables and mix. Prepare the Hollandaise sauce and add it to the potato mixture, stir gently. Re-heat on low. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.