Spicy Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup(s) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) finely minced seeded jalapeños
- 3 1/4 cup(s) sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) (1/2 stick) unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 2 ounce(s) unsweetened chocolate,, melted
- 2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9-inch round baking pans or one 9” x 13” baking pan. Microwave chocolate chips in an uncovered medium-size microwave-safe bowl on high power for 1 minute; stir. (Chips may retain some of their original shape.) If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring in between, just until melte
2.In a large bowl, combine granulated sugar, butter and vanilla; beat with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat for 1 minute. Beat in melted chocolate chips. In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; beat into chocolate mixture alternately with the milk. Stir in jalapeños. Pour into prepared pan(s).
3.Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan(s) for 20 minutes, then invert onto wire rack(s) to cool completely.
4.Meanwhile, prepare frosting: In a small bowl, beat confectioners’ sugar, milk, butter, melted chocolate, vanilla and salt until smooth and creamy. Frost cake.