Southwest Rice and Beans
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 16 oz can black beans
- 1 1/2 cup corn
- 1 red pepper, cut into 2" strips
- 1 avocado, diced
- juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- 2 Tbsp evoo
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp apple cidar vinegar
- salt adn pepper to taste
1. Combine the rice, beans, corn and pepper in a serving bowl.
2. Toss the avocado with lemon juice then add to the rice mix along with the remaining ingredients. Toss to combine. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until needed.
3. Serve with quesadilla or soft tacos and vegetables.