Skinny Spinach and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Points+: 1 PointsPlus
- 14 oz. (1 package) fresh mushrooms, stems separated
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices center cut bacon
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Smart Balance cooking spray
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a foil lined baking pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
Remove stems from mushrooms and mince fine. Heat a medium sized skillet. Rinse spinach and add to the skillet; cook until it wilts, about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan, squeeze excess liquid and chop fine. Set aside. Dry skillet, add bacon to the skillet and cook on low heat until bacon is cooked through.
Set aside on a paper towel. Coarsely chop. Clean skillet and add olive oil to the pan. Add garlic and sauté until golden, about 2 minutes.
Add minced mushroom stems and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and combine mushroom stems with sautéed spinach, bacon, bread crumbs, and parmesan
cheese. Season mushroom caps with salt. Fill mushrooms with spinach mixture, rounding tops off. Place on an oven safe dish and lightly spray the tops with oil.
Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Eat warm.
Makes about 11 medium sized mushrooms.
You'll also love
- Sauteed Okra with Garlic 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato Jelly 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken (or Turkey) Devon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- STOVE TOP Spinach Balls-Lisa Pepper 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey with Brown-Sugar Glaze 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PORK CHOPS WITH ACORN SQUASH 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SMOKED SALMON & CHIVE STUFFED... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pampered Chef Barbecue Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)