BEST Chocolate Cake with a little help
any choclate cake mix plus.....
- 1 Chocolate Cake Mix(i use devils food)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- extra mini chips for decorating
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Pkg. of Chocolate Pudding (small 3.5 oz. box)
- For the frosting
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
Prepare cake as directed on box, and add sour cream, pudding and chocolate chips. Pour into 2 9-inch round baking pans. Bake as directed on box (you might need to add a minute or two to the baking time because of the added ingredients). Place on a wire rack to cool.
Make the frosting
1. In an electric mixer bowl, combine the egg whites and the vanilla extract and set aside. In a medium-size saucepan over high heat, combine the water with the sugar and the cream of tartar. As mixture begins to bubble at edges, stir once to make sure the sugar is dissolved completely, then let come to a rolling boll (about 2 to 3 minutes) and remove immediately from heat.
2. Now, in a medium-size bowl, on the medium-high speed of an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and the vanilla extract with the whisk attachment until foamy, about 1 minute.
3. Without turning off mixer, pour the sugar syrup into the beaten egg whites in a thin, steady stream. Continue beating constantly, on medium-high speed, for about 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form but frosting is still creamy. Frost top and sides of cake immediately
This recipe make amazing cupcakes