Parsley, Orange and Pecan Crusted Rack of Lamb
- 2 racks australian lamb chops
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 each garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted and finely grated
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
Preheat the oven 450 degrees standard oven. Rub the lamb racks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Position the racks meaty side up in a roasting pan, and place in the oven for 10 minutes. While the lamb is cooking, combine the parsley, garlic, orange zest, and pecans in a bowl.
Remove the lamb racks from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees standard oven. Spread the meaty side of each rack with 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard. Divide the herb and pecan mix equally and coat the racks, gently pressing into mustard.
Return to the oven and continue to cook for an additional 15 to 20 minues or to desired doneness.