Rigatoni alla Disgraziata(Rigatoni w/eggplant & breadcrumbs)
- 2 Medium eggplants(trimmed and cut into 1" cubes)
- Koisher salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 lb. rigatoni
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup grated ricotta salata
- freshly grated parmigiano-regiano
1.) Put eggplant into a colander, sprinkle with about 3 tbsp salt, and toss to coat well. allow to drain for 1 hour
to extract warter and any bitterness. Rinse eggplant and
pat dry with paper towels.
2.)Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp. of the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. add bread crumbs and
cook stirrring, until golden 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a
bowl and set aside.
3.)Wipe out skillet, add remaining 1 cup oil and heat over medium-high heat. add half of the eggplant and cook, stirring often, until golden, 8-10 minutes. Transfer eggplant with a slotted spoon to a large bowl and season to taste with salt. Repeat process with the remaining eggplant.
4.)Cook pasta in a large pot of boiled salt water until al dente, 12-15 min. Add red pepper flakes to red sauce in a small pot and warm over medium heat, 4-5 miunutes. Drain pasta in a colander and add to bowl with eggplant. Add tomato sauce. ricotta and bread crumbs and toss well. Serve sprinkled with parmigiano.
You'll also love
- French Onion Salisbury Steak 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tilapia in Lemon Dill Cream Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sliced Cucumber and Onion Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Romaine Noodle Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Southwestern Pasta Skillet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tortellini Minestrone Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fast Chicken Fettuccine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eggplant burger 0/5 (0 Votes)