Pork Chops Cacciatore
Crock Pot "Hunter's Style"
This dish is truly divine, very refine taste with the using of the dry white wine.The jalapeno pepper gives the dish a slightly spicy favor. Cacciatore refers to hearty stew-like dishes, usually prepared with onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, wine and peppers ingredients an Italian hunter might have in he's pack. Cacciatore is in fact, Italian meaning "hunter style" This dish is perfect served over rice. My dinner guests really loved this tasty flavorful recipe, and I am sure you well too.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium bone in pork chops ( remove fat)
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and coarsely chopped
- 10-ounce white mushrooms, washed and sliced thin
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 240mins
Adapted from cookingtherecipe.com
1. Lightly spray a 6-quart slow cooker with vegetable oil cooking spray.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium- high heat. Brown pork chops, onion, and garlic.Place the browned chops in the slow cooker. Add the wine to the skillet, bring to a simmer, and scrape off any brown particles. Pour over chicken in the slow cooker.
3 Add the jalapeno pepper,mushrooms, wine, tomatoes,salt and pepper to slow cooker.
4 Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until pork chops are tender, sprinkle with the parsley before serving.