Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (about 12 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots (3 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery (3 stalks)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut in cubes
- 2 cups dried egg noodles
In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine broth, water, carrots, celery, mushrooms, onion, thyme and garlic-pepper seasoning.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours. If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting.
Stir in cream cheese, then chicken and uncooked noodles. Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes more or just until noodles are tender.