- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 can (28 oz) baked beans, undrained
- 2 cups Progresso red kidney beans, drained, rinsed (from 19-oz can)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Grands Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits*(see note)
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal (optional)
Brown beef in 12-inch skillet; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients except biscuits and cornmeal. Heat to boiling. Pour into sprayed 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Roll in cornmeal, if desired. Arrange over beef mixture. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown.
*Note: I use the Pillsbury frozen biscuits that are available in bags; just allow them to thaw slightly to make it easier to cut into pieces.