Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed cooked fresh pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 6 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices until well blended; set aside. Beat eggs, pumpkin, sugars, milk, and oil in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Stir in chopped chocolate.
Pour into greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
To Cook Pumpkin:
Cut pumpkin in half and clean the seeds out of both halves. Do not peel pumpkin. Bake, cut sides down, in jelly roll pan, for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 425 degrees. Once pumpkin has cooled, peel it. Add the pumpkin to a food processor to blend together. Store in fridge for a few days, or freeze in appropriate containers.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (897 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (312 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (192 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)