Blueberry Almond Tart
Sarah Moulton Recipe
- For the pastry:
- 1 1/2 (5.3-oz) packages Walkers Vanilla Shortbread
- 4 ounces almond paste, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- For the filling:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Make the pastry:
1. In a food processor combine the cookies and almond paste and process until the mixture turns into fine crumbs.
2. Add the egg and continue processing until the mixture starts to come together in a ball. Transfer the dough to a 9-inch fluted metal tart tin with a removable rim and press the dough evenly in the bottom and up the sides of the tart tin (the dough will be very soft).
3. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
5. Remove the tart tin from the fridge and press the dough again to even it out in the tart tin. Place a sheet of foil on the inside of the tart shell and fill it with pie weights (or rice or dried beans).
6. Bake the tart shell on the middle shelf of the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and weights and bake the shell for an additional 5 minutes or until it is golden. Transfer to a cake rack and let it cool completely while you make the filling.
Make the filling:
1. Stir together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a small saucepan. Gradually stir in the water.
2. Add 3/4 cup of the berries and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a full boil, the berries have popped, and the sauce has thickened (the mixture will be very thick).
3. Remove immediately from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and juice.
4. Combine the thickened sauce with the remaining berries in a medium bowl; transfer to the cooled tart crust and spread the berries to fill the shell. Cool to room temperature and serve or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
You'll also love
- Ambrosia with Acini Di Pepe Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- HG's Perfect Pumpkin Bread Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed potatoes with ricotta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle-Orange Broccoli & Tofu 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Homemade Strawberry Fruit Roll ups 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Classic Molded Cranberry Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Cream Stuffed French... 0/5 (0 Votes)