Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese
- 1/2 lb elbow pasta
- 2 c. Mac Sauce (the recipe is on Key Ingredient)
- 1/2 c. cream chsses
- 2 c. grated Cheddar, the sharper, the better
- 1/4 , stemmed, seeded and chopped jalapenos, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 Panko, toasted
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from s3-media1.ak.yelpcdn.com
1) Preheat oven to 400
2) Cook the pasta until al dente, drain, rinse and drain again
3) Put the sauce, cheeses and chiles in a heavy pot and cook until the cheese is just melted, about 3 minutes. Take it off the heat and add the pasta.
4) Taste to see if it's spicy enough, add more jalapenos if you want.
5) Pour into a baking dish, top with the panko & bake until hot and bubbly, about 10 - 15 minutes