Goat Cheese and Spinach Scalloped Potatoes
- 4 small yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup milk (I used non fat)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 3/4 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (I used low fat)
- 3 oz goat cheese
Adapted from fatgirltrappedinaskinnybody.com
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Peel the potatoes, then thinly slice them (I used the ‘thin’ setting on my mandolin)
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk the flour into the melted butter and cook for about 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the sour cream, salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a small casserole dish lay 1/3 of the sliced potatoes, then sprinkle with 1/2 of the frozen spinach, 1/3 of the cheddar cheese and 1/3 of the goat cheese. Add another layer of potatoes, the rest of the spinach, 1/3 of each cheese. Add the rest of the potatoes. Pour the béchamel sauce (the milk in the saucepan) over the potatoes, sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese and crumble with remaining goat cheese.
*add more cheese if you want, it won’t hurt anyone.
Bake for about 50-60 minutes. until the top is brown and bubbling on the sides. Serve immediately.
To keep warm, cover in tin foil and keep in a 200 degree oven for up to 1 hour.
You'll also love
- Apple Jelly Candy 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Halibut with Coconut-Red Curry... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Jon's Favorite Sweet Potato... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bucatini Shrimp 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Alaskan King Crab Leg 4/5 (1 Votes)
- SPINACH DIP – IN BREAD... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Kale & Sweet Potatoe Pizza 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Skinny taste spinach lasagna rolls 4/5 (1 Votes)