HG's Chicky Cordon Bleu 'Wich
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
PointsPlus® value 8*
- 1/4 cup Fiber One Original bran cereal
- 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- One 3-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlet, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1 oz. reduced-sodium 97 - 98% fat-free sliced ham (about 2 slices)
- 1 slice Sargento Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese
- 1 light hamburger bun with about 80 calories (or HG Alternative)
- 1/2 tbsp. light mayonnaise
Place cereal in a sealable plastic bag, seal, and finely crush with a meat mallet or other heavy utensil. Transfer crumbs to a wide bowl, and stir in salt and pepper.
Place chicken in another wide bowl, top with egg substitute, and flip to coat. Shake to remove excess egg, and coat with crumbs.
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook chicken for about 5 minutes per side, until cooked through.
While still in the skillet, top chicken with ham and cheese. Cover and cook for 1 minute, or until cheese has melted. Transfer to the bottom half of the bun.
Spread the top half of the bun with mayo, and place over the sandwich.