HG's Spicy Chicken-Sausage Penne
1/4th of recipe (2 cups): 298 calories, 6.5g fat, 806mg sodium, 43g carbs, 9g fiber, 11g sugars, 20g protein -- PointsPlus® value 7*
- 4 oz. (about 1 1/4 cups) uncooked high-fiber penne pasta
- One 12-oz. bag (about 4 cups) broccoli cole slaw
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 9 oz. (about 3 links) fully cooked chicken sausage with 8g fat or less per 3-oz. serving (like the kind by Applegate Organics), sliced into coins and halved
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
Prepare pasta in a medium pot per package instructions, about 10 minutes. Drain, transfer to a large bowl, and cover to keep warm.
Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add broccoli slaw and 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook until mostly softened, 4 - 6 minutes.
Add bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms to the skillet. Cook and stir until all veggies are soft, about 6 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients to the skillet. Cook and stir until hot, about 3 minutes.
Transfer veggie-sausage mixture to the pasta, and mix well.
You'll also love
- Chipotle-Orange Broccoli & Tofu 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Homemade Strawberry Fruit Roll ups 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steak & Gnocchi Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Turkey Cobb Sandwich 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Sirloin Beefs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Sausage Breakfast Cake... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Penne with Beef Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)