Sweet Potato Casserole (Like Ruth’s Chris)
- SWEET POTATO MIXTURE INGREDIENTS
- 2 and 1/2 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes (Cooking options listed above- either bake, microwave, or cook the potatoes on the stove)
- Two Thirds cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- CRUST INGREDIENTS
- Two Thirds cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time 10mins
Adapted from centercutcook.com
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and prep a medium to small sized casserole dish with cooking spray. I used a 9x9 inch casserole dish.
Use a mixer to whip together cooked, mashed sweet potatoes (instructions to cook, bake, or microwave sweet potatoes above), 2/3 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 egg - beaten, 3 tablespoons unsalted melted butter. Mix until the potatoes are light and fluffy.
Pour the potato mixture into the prepared casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl - 2/3 cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, 3 tablespoons melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Sprinkle the crust over the casserole after it has baked for 30 minutes. Bake for 10-15 minutes longer, until the pecan crust is lightly browned and crunchy.