Salisbury Steak with Mushrooms
Ground round patties with mushrooms and a sherry/thyme gravy.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (5% fat)
- 1 cooking spray
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz Mushrooms, enoki, fresh, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped onion
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme , finely chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 2 tbsp white wine (or dry sherry)
- 12 oz Gravy, beef, fat free
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 27mins
1 Mix the ground round with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper and shape into 4 patties (1/2 inch thick).
2 Spray nonstick cooking spray into a nonstick pan and heat over medium heat.
3 Add patties to pan and cook until done, about 5 minutes per side, set aside.
4 Raise heat to medium high and add the mushrooms, onions, and thyme, cooking until tender, about 3 minutes.
5 Add wine and cook for another minute then add gravy.
6 Place beef patties back into pan and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Great to serve with mashed potatoes.