Chicken Tortilla Soup
Protein: 26 g
Carb: 36 g
Fiber: 8 g
Fat: 6 g
- 4 corn tortillas, halved, then cut crosswise in narrow strips
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) chicken broth
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in 3/4 in thick half rounds
- 1/2 tsp each minced garlic
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can (16 oz) red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups large shreds cooked chicken
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
1. Coat a 5 to 6 qt pot or Dutch oven with nonstick spray; heat over medium heat. Add tortilla strips and cook 5 mins, turning occasionally, until lightly toasted. Remove to a paper towel or plate.
2. Add broth, zucchini, and garlic to pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 3 mins, or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
3. Stir in tortilla strips, corn and beans; continue to simmer 2 mins or until tortillas soften. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through.