- 2 bottles Cabernet Sauvignon
- 12 whole cloves (2 more with 5 minutes left)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 large orange, zested (no white zested in)
- Quarter the zested orange and squeeze one quartered piece’s juice into the pot
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (personal preference is dark brown sugar)
- 2 cloves of star of anise
- Nutmeg dash in the beginning, dash with 5 minutes left
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Combine ingredients in a large pot and bring to a simmer. Do not allow mixture to boil. Heat for 20 minutes and serve. I normally just serve it out of the pot. Most people ask for a refill before it would be too cool.
This is modification of various recipes I have found from the web. This is the one my friends and I like.
Traditionalists will say to serve it in pewter mugs. I don't have any so I use ceramic mugs. No one gets burned and the aroma will condense in the mug.