Spicy Lasagna Rollers
- 1 ‑1/2 pounds Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
Adapted from recipes.howstuffworks.com
1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13X9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2.Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to break up meat; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, roasted red pepper, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes.
3.Combine ricotta, spinach, 1-1/2 cups Italian cheese blend , 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and egg in medium bowl. Spread 1/4 cup ricotta mixture over each noodle. Top with 1/3 cup sausage mixture. Tightly roll up each noodle from short end, jelly-roll style. Place rolls, seam sides down, in prepared pan. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over rolls. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Cover pan with foil.
4.Bake 30 minutes. Carefully remove foil; bake 15 minutes or until sauce is bubbly.