Quick Smoke Whole Chicken
Smoke chicken at 275 degrees and it will cook quicker and the skin will get crispy and browned, adding another layer of flavor. Finish crisping on the grill.
- Whole Chicken
- Brine Solution
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from virtualweberbullet.com
Preheat your smoker to 275 degrees Fahrenheit, and up to 325 degrees if your smoker can do it.
Add smoke wood (apple or cherry with a little pecan is great!)
Season the chicken, including the body cavity, with your favorite dry rub.
Put the chicken in your smoker. Make sure there's a drip pan under the chicken, 'cause it's gonna drip some fat!
Smoke for 1-1/2 to 3 hours. When the breast reaches 160 and the thigh is 170, remove it and let it rest for 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Cranberry Chicken Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Beans with Almond Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Bacon Walnut Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet n Tangy Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Football Game Cookies 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Ham Sandwiches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crisp Mustard Glaze Chicken Breast 0/5 (0 Votes)