Sweet Grilled Shrimp (Skewers Optional)
Makes a great appetizer!!!!!!!!!!!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Karo Syrup (light or dark)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil (or 3 tablespoon dried basil)
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Mustard
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ranch Dressing
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 pounds Large Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- 10 Wooden Skewers (soaked in warm water for 10 to 30 minutes)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 21mins
Combine Brown Sugar, Lemon Juice, Karo Syrup, Basil, Oil, Mustard, Honey, Clove, Ranch Dressing, Chili Powder and Garlic in large bowl. Toss in Shrimp to coat, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Thread Shrimp tightly on skewers. Cook on top rack of the grill for approximately 4 minutes, turn and cook for another 2 to 4 minutes, or until there is NO sign of grey.
Remove shrimp from skewers. ENJOY