Smoked Salmon Tartar On Cucumber Rounds
- 4 ounces (115 g) smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons (50 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) capers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 20 English cucumber slices cut 1/2-inch (12-mm) thick
Place the salmon, onion, capers, oil, lemon juice, mustard, pepper and dill in a bowl and gently mix to combine. Use a small spoon or melon baller to scoop out some of the centre portion of each cucumber slice.
Mound 2 teaspoons (10 mL) of the smoked salmon tartare in the centre of each cucumber slice and arrange on a serving tray.
Options: These bites can be made several hours in advance; cover and refrigerate until you're ready to serve. Instead of smoked salmon, use smoked tuna to make the tartare. You can find smoked tuna, which is usually frozen (thaw before using), at specialty seafood stores and some supermarkets.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)