Summer Squash Ice Box Pickles
- 7 C thinly sliced zucchini, summer squash, or combination
- 1 C thinly sliced onions
- 1 C grated carrot
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 1 C cider vinegar
- 2 C sugar
- 1 T pickling salt
- 1 T dill seeds
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
Mix well. Refrigerate overnight.
Pack the vegetables tightly into quart jars.
Cover with brine. Refrigerate.
These pickles will keep well for up to 3 months.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (886 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (890 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (497 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (192 Votes)
- Veggie Club Sandwich and Zucchini... 4.5/5 (151 Votes)