Beef Stew with Butternut Squash
Warm and hearty, this Beef Stew with Butternut Squash slow-cooker recipe is the most delicious way you can warm up in the fall or winter months. This rich and flavorful soup is studded with butternut squash, frozen green beans or peas, and an assortment of zesty spices that is sure to keep your taste buds dancing until spring. Serve with toasty rolls or freshly baked bread to sop up that flavorful broth.
- 1-pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-pound tiny new potatoes, quartered
- 1-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces, about 2 1/2 cups
- 2 small onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen Italian-style green beans or 2 cups frozen peas
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 800mins
Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add meat pieces, a few at time, shaking to coat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown meat in hot oil. Drain off fat.
In a 3 1/2 to 4 1/2-quart slow-cooker, combine meat, potatoes, squash, onions, and garlic. In a large bowl, combine broth, vegetable juice, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, sugar, paprika, pepper, and allspice. Pour over meat mixture.
Cover and cook on low heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
After stew has cooked initially, if using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in green beans or peas. Cover and cook for 15 minutes more.
You'll also love
- Jennifer's Pumpkin Pie 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- BUTTER-PECAN MASHED SWEET POTATOES 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Crisp 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Apple Dapple Cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Turkey Breast with... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Lemon Cake Bars 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Brisket Recipe -... 4.3/5 (43 Votes)
- Cake - Pumpkin Dump Cake 4.5/5 (27 Votes)