Elizabethan Cold Oven Pound Cake
The best pound cake ever!
- 1/2 cup butter flavored crisco shortening
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs (room temperature)
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup Pet Evaporated milk (or Carnation)
- 1 t vanilla (or lemon or almond)
- Pam or Baker’s Joy
Cream the shortening and butter. Mix in sugar, and beat well.
Add eggs and beat well.
Add flour and evaporated milk alternately, starting with four and ending with flour. Add the vanilla. Mix well.
Pour batter into a tube pan (or Bundt pan) that has been sprayed with Pam or Baker’s Joy.
Set the temperature at 275 degrees and bake for 2-1/2 hours (check the cake after 1 hour and 50 minutes).
Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and invert onto plate.