Summer Fruit with Wine and Mint
- 1-1/4 cups dry white wine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 ripe cantaloupe, halved, seeded, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 basket (8-ounce) fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
1. Bring the wine and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
3. Chop and combine the cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes, and mint in a large bowl.
4. Pour the warm wine mixture over; toss to coat.
5. Cover and refrigerate until cold, stirring occasionally, at least 2 hours.
6. Transfer to the fruit mixture to a wide jar with a tight-fitting lid.
7. Keep chilled.