Raspberry Rose Pots de Creme
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen and thawed raspberries, mashed
Preparation time 8mins
Cooking time 38mins
1. Place an oven rack in the center of the oven.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. In a medium saucepan, heat the cream, milk, and rose water over medium-low heat until warm, about 4 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, and salt until smooth.
5. Slowly whisk in the milk mixture.
6. Stir in the mashed raspberries.
7. Using a ladle, divide the mixture between 4 ramekins. 8. Place the ramekins in an 8 by 8-inch baking pan.
9. Pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
10. Bake for 30 minutes until the custard is almost set. 11. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the ramekins to cool while still in the water, about 1 hour.
12. Remove the ramekins from the water and refrigerate for at least 2 hours until set.