Squash Casserole, Boston Market style
- 4 1/2 cups fresh zucchini, diced
- 4 1/2 cups fresh yellow squash, diced
- 1 1/2 cups sweet onion, diced
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix, prepared according to box directions
- 3/4 cup butter substitute
- 8 oz American Cheese, diced
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tbls fresh parsley, chopped
Prepare Jiffy mix as directed. Set asie to cool.
Place squash and zucchini in a large sauce pan. Add just enough water to cover. Cook on medium-low heat just until tender; remove from heat. Drain squash, reserving one cup water for casserole.
On medium-low heat, saute onion in butter until they turn clear
Add chicken bouillon cubes and garlic to onions and stir.
Add drained squash and diced cheese to mixture, stir.
Crumble corn bread in squash, add reserved cup of water and mix well.
Place squash mixture ina 9X13" pan that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray.
Cover casserole and place ina preheated oven at 350F. Bake for 50-60 mintues. Remove cover the last 20 mintues of baking time.