Tequila-Glazed Grilled Chicken Thighs
YIELD: 6 servings (serving size: 1 thigh)
HANDS-ON: 40 MINUTES
TOTAL: 1 HOURS
Amount per serving
Saturated fat: 2.1g
Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skinned
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cooking spray
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat using both burners. After preheating, turn the left burner off (leave the right burner on).
2. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; rub evenly over chicken.
3. Bring the pineapple juice, tequila, and honey to a boil in a small saucepan; cook until reduced to 3/4 cup (about 10 minutes). Combine cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl, and stir well. Add cornstarch mixture to juice mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in lime rind, 3 tablespoons lime juice, and red pepper.
4. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray over right burner (direct heat). Cover and grill for 5 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with juice mixture. Move the chicken to grill rack over left burner (indirect heat). Cover and grill an additional 5 minutes on each side or until done, basting occasionally.