Pork and Green Chiles Casserole
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 10-3/4-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 4-1/2-ounce cans chopped green chili peppers
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
1. Trim fat from pork. Cut pork into 1/2-inch cubes. In a large skillet, brown pork, half at a time, in hot oil. Drain off fat. Return pork to the skillet.
2. Stir in black beans, tomatoes, condensed soup, chili peppers, brown rice, water, and salsa. Bring mixture to boiling. Carefully pour into a 2-quart square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.