Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Bacon and Fresh Sage
- 2 C cooked mashed sweet poatoes
- 1/2 C part skim milk ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 6 slices bacon (turkey) but into 1/4 in. strips
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 pepper
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1 T chopped sage
- 1 T cornstarch dissolved into 1 T cold water
Line large sheet pan wiht parchment pape.
Combine potatoes, ricotta, and egg. Mix until well blended. Add vlour, 1/2 C at a time. Mis with floved hands until a soft dough forms. Transfer dough to floured pastery mat. knead 6-5 times until dough becomes firm. Sprinkle flour as needed. Cut dough into four equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 20 in. log cut into 1 inch pieces.
Bring 5 QT. water to boil.
Add gnocchi to boilikng water. immediatly stir one gently at a time. Cook 4-6 min. until float to the top, but do no boil. Transfer to sheet pan. Melt butter in skillet. Add gnocchhi, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 8-10 min until browned. Turn occasionally. Transfer to sheet pan to keep warm.
Add stock, sage, bacon into skillet. Bring to a simmer. Whisk in cornstartch. Cook 2-3 minutes until thickened. Serve gnocchi with sauce.
You'll also love
- Berry Chicken Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Egg and Bacon Breakfast Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Jim's Mediterranean Salad with a... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Chops and Stuffing 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cucumber salad with olives,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bistro Chicken Pasta Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken-Spinach Salad with Warm... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fastnachts (Potato Doughnuts) 4/5 (1 Votes)