MEXICAN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- 1 bag (20 oz.) refrigerated cooked shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
- 1 lb bulk turkey or pork breakfast sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cup (from 16-oz jar) Old El Paso Thick'n Chunky medium salsa
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13x9x2-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Place hash brown potatoes and 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning mix in large bowl; toss to coat potatoes evenly. Pat in baking dish.
2. Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Cook breakfact sausage and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occassionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
3. Meanwhile, beat eggs, cheese, milk, salt, pepper and remaining taco seasoning mix in same bowl with whisk until well mixed. Stir in sausage mixture and salsa. Carefully pour over hash browns in baking dish.
4. Bake uncovered about 40 minutes or until eggs set in center. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.