Broccoli and Orzo Casserole
Looking for a casserole dish to make? Try this Broccoli and Orzo Casserole recipe.
- 1 package Green Giant Broccoli Steamers
- 2 cups Cooked Orzo, about 1 cup uncooked
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, chopped
- Olive Oil
- freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 1/2 cups Parmesan Cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from abc.go.com
Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine the broccoli and cooked orzo in 9x9 baking dish.
Heat a saute pan over medium-high with a few tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic, season with salt and cook until fragrant.
Sprinkle with flour and stir to coat onions and garlic. Cook for 1 minute to toast flour. Whisk in the chicken stock and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.Add milk and 2 cups of cheese and stir together. Adjust seasoning to taste. Pour over the broccoli.
In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and stir. Sprinkle over the baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes until bread crumbs are golden. Serve warm.
Use equal parts flour and oil for the roux. The darker the roux, the richer the flavor. Stir the roux as you go to avoid lumps.
You'll also love
- Apple, Pear and Pomegranate Sangria 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Chipotle Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Oriental Ramen Broccoli Cole Slaw 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Macaroni and Cheese Cupcakes 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Pasta - Butternut Squash Mac and... 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Panera Broccoli Soup 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Meat Sauce - Instant... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Orzo with Tomatoes And Parmesan 4.5/5 (10 Votes)