Ultimate Party Crab Bites
Crab cakes, crab bites, what's the difference? Everybody loves them, so serve them at your next party! Make a lot–they go fast!
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, plus 1 cup
- 16 ounces crabmeat
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Vegetable oil for frying
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from abeautifulbite.com
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (except 1 cup of reserved breadcrumbs). Scoop and form into bite sized balls.
Roll balls in reserved breadcrumbs. Place on a large platter and chill for a half of an hour.
Heat 1″ of oil in a large frying pan until a deep fry thermometer registers at 350ºF. Fry the crab bites until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and place on a cookie sheet in a 200ºF oven to keep them warm while you fry the rest of them up.
Serve with cocktail sauce, tartar sauce and lemon wedges.