Sandy's Cornbread Dressing
- 1 14-oz. bag herb stuffing*
- 1/2 cup butter, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1/2 t. dried sage, or to taste
- 1/2 t. poultry seasonings
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken or turkey broth
Prepare Cornbread 1 or even 2 days before you make your dressing so it can be a little dry so it can absorb the seasonings and broth.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and celery and sauté 4-5 minutes to soften them up a bit. Add contents of cornbread mixture.
Add salt, pepper, sage, poultry sesonings and broth to cornbread mixture and gently toss until all ingredients are just combined. Taste for seasoning.
Spoon cornbread mixture into a buttered 13x9 casserole dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.