BACON FRIED PECANS
- 1 pound bacon
- 8 ounces pecan halves
Let the bacon grease cool, then reheat it for frying. The nuts burn quickly and reheating allows more control over the temperature.
Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy. Drain the bacon on paper towels, then transfer the bacon grease to a medium sized skillet and let cool.
Use a sturdy knife to chop 6 strips of bacon. Save the rest of the bacon for another use.
Have a plate lined with paper towels ready by the stove. Reheat the bacon grease over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles, but do not let it smoke. Drop a handful of pecans into the hot fat and stir around. Remove with a slotted spoon to the prepared plate after about 15 seconds. Just let the pecans turn a shade darker, watch carefully and do not let them burn. Immediately sprinkle the hot pecans with salt. Continue with the remaining pecans. If the fat starts to smoke, remove from the heat for a few seconds to cool down.
When the pecans are cool, toss them with the chopped bacon and serve in a big bowl.
Makes 8 ounces
You'll also love
- Blueberry Muffins with Blueberry... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- GARLIC RUBBED ROASTED CABBAGE... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey Minestrone 4/5 (1 Votes)
- BEEF-STUFFED ZUCCHINI 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Autumn Pork Skillet #2 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Gnocchi with Bacon, Tomato,... 4/5 (1 Votes)