Tex-Mex Pork Kabobs with Chili Sour Cream Sauce
- 2 ‑1/4 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1 ‑3/4 teaspoons cumin, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano, divided
- 1 pork tenderloin (1-1/2 pounds), trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into small chunks
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into small chunks
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into small chunks
Adapted from recipes.howstuffworks.com
1.Combine 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon oregano in medium bowl. Add pork; toss until well coated. Cover tightly; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
2.Combine sour cream, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and remaining 3/4 teaspoon chili powder, 3/4 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder and 1/4 teaspoon oregano in small bowl; mix well. Cover tightly; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
3.If using wooden skewers, soak in water 20 minutes before using. Preheat grill or broiler.
4.Toss pork with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Thread meat and peppers onto 6 skewers. Grill over medium-hot coals 10 minutes until meat is no longer pink in center, turning several times. If broiling, place skewers on foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 8 inches from heat 5 minutes per side until no longer pink in center, turning once. Serve immediately with sour cream sauce.