Cucumber salad with olives, oregano, and almonds
Best served within one hour of being dressed.
- 4 cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced very thin
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped coarse
- 1 shallot, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. minced fresh oregano
- 3 Tbsp sliced almonds, toasted and chopped coarse
1) Evenly spread cucumber slices on paper towel-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate while preparing dressing.
2) Bring vinegar to simmer in saucepan over medium-low heat; cook until reduced to 2 tablespoons, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer vinegar to bowl and set aside to cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes. Whisk in lemon juice, oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
3) When ready to serve, add cucumbers, olives, shallot, parsley, and oregano to dressing and toss to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes; retoss, sprinkle with almonds, and serve.
You'll also love
- Saucy French Chicken with Peaches 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pinto Beans 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken-Spinach Salad with Warm... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts &... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cool and Creamy Cucumber Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cucumbers with Dressing 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Hamtastic Panini with Provolone... 4/5 (1 Votes)