Magic, One Pot Italian Noodles
- 4 C chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) package linguine noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 3 (15 ounce) cans Italian Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 Tb dried basil
- 1/2 Tb dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
1. Pour 4 cups broth into a medium-sized pot. Bring it to a boil.
2. Chop 1 small onion and 5 cloves garlic.
3. Grab 3 cans of Italian Stewed Tomatoes. If you have diced tomatoes, that would be really awesome and preferable for this recipe. If not, just stick some cooking shears into the can and slice the tomatoes into smaller chunks.
4. Once your broth has boiled add an 8 ounce package of fresh spinach, you could add more if you choose. (I hear spinach is good for you and can change your life for the better). Add the cans of tomatoes, along with the wonderful juice in the can. Toss in the onion, garlic and pasta as well.
5. Sprinkle in 1/2 tablespoon basil and 1/2 tablespoon oregano.
6. Hit it with 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes. You can adjust this, per your liking as well. Add more if you like more heat, less if heat makes you perspire and pass out cold on the kitchen floor. The 1/4 teaspoon I have listed will give it just a slight kick, nothing my kids couldn’t handle. Adjust to suit your fancy, please. This is what it should look like. Pretty! Pretty enough for a picture, I’d say.
7. Bring it all to a boil over medium high heat and let it cook away, working it’s magic. The noodles will cook nicely for you, soaking up all of those wonderful flavors. Cook, just until the noodles are soft, but still have a little bite to them. Should only take about 20 minutes.
Please note, the noodles will continue to soak up the broth, even after it has finished cooking. Don’t drain any of the liquid from the pan.
8. Scoop the noodles out into individual bowls and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.