HG's El Ginormo Southwest Oven-Baked Omelette
1/4th of recipe (1 large piece): 188 calories, 3g fat, 590mg sodium, 17g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 5g sugars, 22g protein -- PointsPlus® value 4*
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned sweet corn, drained
- 1/4 cup canned diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- Optional toppings: salsa, fat-free sour cream, chopped scallions
Adapted from hungry-girl.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line a deep 8" X 10" baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray lightly with nonstick spray, making sure to coat the sides as well as the bottom.
In a large bowl, combine egg substitute, milk, cumin, and taco seasoning. Whisk thoroughly.
Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper, and stir well. Carefully transfer egg mixture to the baking pan.
Evenly add black beans, corn, and green chiles to the pan. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake in the oven until the top has puffed and the center is firm, about 1 hour.
Allow to cool slightly. Cut into four slices.