Grilled Italian Steak
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppered seasoned salt
- 2 beef boneless New York strip steaks, about 1 inch thick (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 1 pound asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
1 Mix 2 tablespoons of the dressing, 2 tablespoons of the basil and 3/4 teaspoon of the peppered seasoned salt in large bowl; set aside for vegetables. Mix remaining dressing, basil and peppered seasoned salt in shallow glass or plastic dish or resealable plastic food-storage bag; add beef. Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate 15 minutes.
2 Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Add asparagus, onion and bell pepper to reserved dressing mixture; toss to coat. Place in disposable 8-inch square foil pan or grill basket (grill “wok”). Reserve dressing in bowl.
3 Remove beef from marinade; reserve marinade. Cover and grill pan of vegetables 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 5 minutes. Add beef to grill next to pan. Cover and grill beef and vegetables 10 to 12 minutes, turning beef once and stirring vegetables occasionally, until beef is desired doneness and vegetables are tender. Brush beef with reserved marinade during last 5 minutes of cooking.
4 Add vegetables to bowl with reserved dressing; toss to coat. Cut beef into thin slices. Discard any remaining marinade. Serve vegetables with beef. Drizzle with additional dressing if desired.