Pumpkin loves garbanzo beans–the proof is in the hummus. Add pureed pumpkin into your hummus for a subtle, earthy underlying flavor.
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Drain beans (reserving liquid) and place them into a food processor along with the pumpkin.
With the blade running add in the olive oil and half of the reserved bean liquid.
Remove the top of the food processor, scrap down the sides and add salt and tahini.
Adjust the texture and flavor of the hummus using seasoning and more pumpkin, bean liquid, and/or spices.
PUMPKIN PIE HUMMUS:
Add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning (or a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves) and more pureed pumpkin
LEBANESE PUMPKIN HUMMUS:
Add 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, and the juice from one lemon
You'll also love
- Chicken Tomato Rice Soup Recipe 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Crock Pot - Pumpkin Bread 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Eggs Benedict 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Cornbread Sausage Stuffing with... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Mini Pumpkin and Date-Nut Cakes... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Halloween Sloppy Joes 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp & Sun Dried Tomato Dip 4.6/5 (10 Votes)