Dark Chocolate Toffee Truffles
- 10 ounce package Nestle® Toll House® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup toffee bits (see note below)
Adapted from facebook.com
1. Place chocolate morsels into a medium bowl. In a small saucepan, bring heavy cream to a boil. Remove hot cream from heat and pour it over chocolate. Let stand for 1 minute, then stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla extract and chopped toffee bits. Cover and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a small cookie scoop, shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll truffles between your palms to create a smooth appearance. If desired, roll truffles in cocoa powder or additional toffee bits. Chill until ready to serve.
- Truffles can be made up to one day in advance; store truffles in an airtight container within the refrigerator.
- Toffee bits can be found in the baking aisle of the grocery store. However, you can also simply chop up your favorite chocolate covered toffee candy bar.