Cherry Bundt Cake
A colourful cake for Christmas
- 1-1/4 cups 300 ml butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups 675 ml granulated sugar
- 5 5 eggs
- 1 tsp 5 ml almond extract
- 3 cups 750 ml all purpose flour
- 1 tsp 5 ml baking powder
- 1/4 tsp 5 ml salt
- 1 cup 250 ml undiluted evaporated milk
- 2 cups 500 ml quartered maraschino cherries,
- well drained.
Beat butter, sugar, eggs and extract in a large bowl on low speed of electric mixer until blended, then on high speed 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients
alternately with evaporated milk to creamed mixture, mixing lightly after each addition. Fold in cherries. Turn batter into greased 12-cup
(3L) bundt or tube pan. Bake 350 F (180C) for 75-85 minutes. Cover with foil last 10 minutes if becoming too brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes. cool
completely. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
HELPFUL HINT: A white icing drizzle is a pretty alternative decoration.