Pumpkin Custard Pie
- Pumpkin Custard Pie
- 1 3/4 c. pumpkin purée
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten, at room temperature
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep-dish pie crust
Adapted from kitv.com
Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
In a saucepan, stir the pumpkin over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until slightly dry and caramelized.
Remove from heat; add the sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Mix well.
Add the eggs, cream and milk. Mix until smooth; pour into pie shell.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Allow to completely cool on rack before cutting.
Don't forget to top this with as much sweetened whipped cream as you can spoon!
You'll also love
- Baked salmon with bacon on a bed... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Yummy Tuna Spread 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Dip-Vegan 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Slow-Cooked Applesauce 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Gouda Mashed Potatoes 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Ancient Grains Stuffed Zucchini 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Grilled squash and cheese 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chiffon Cake 4.4/5 (12 Votes)