Grilled Pineapple Pound Cake a la Mode
Warm grilled pineapple, tops toasted grilled pound cake served with whipped cream, raspberries and nuts. A perfect dessert for a summer barbecue!
- 1 (20-ounce) can sliced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 slices pound cake
- Raspberries, for topping
- Nuts, for topping
- Whipped cream, for topping
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 18mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice and 6 pineapple rings (save remaining juice and pineapple for another use).
Combine butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Brush half of the mixture on both sides of pineapple rings and cake slices.
On an uncovered grill over medium heat, cook pineapple and cake for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown, brushing occasionally with remaining pineapple juice mixture.
Top each slice of cake with a pineapple ring. Top with raspberries, nuts and whipped cream, if desired. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Beef Vegetable Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Crab Dip Barry 4/5 (1 Votes)
- ULTIMATE LEMON MERINGUE PIE 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Crustless Salmon & Broccoli Quiche 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Banana Flan 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pecan Sweet Potato Pound Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Dulce De Leche Pumpkin Cupcakes 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Caramel Toffee Squares 4/5 (1 Votes)