Bacon Wrapped Basil Chicken in Pasta Sauce
Got this recipe from a Kroger flyer. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks easy and sounds good!
- 2 T dried basil leaves
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t fresh ground black pepper
- 4 frozen chicken breasts
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 jar pasta sauce (mushroom flavored recommended)
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, cut into 4 slices
- Pasta of your choice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Combine basil, salt and pepper, and rub all 4 pieces of chicken with the mixture.
3. Heat a large oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. Sear all 4 pieces of chicken on both sides until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Turn off heat and drain juices from pan. Wrap each piece of chicken with 1 piece of bacon and place in pan, seam side down.
4. Pour entire jar of pasta sauce on chicken, distributing evenly around chicken.
5. Place pan in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until bacon is cooked and chicken is close to done. Place 1 slice of cheese over each piece of chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes more or until cheese is melted and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
6. Serve over pasta.